Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My impression of the 2013 Jane Austen Festival Australia

Gorgeous Georgian!
I spent last weekend at the 2013 Jane Austen Festival Australia, starting on Thursday night with a potluck super and catch-up with friends, then onto, seminars, dance classes, cooking classes, bonnet workshops, an evening of roast beef and Regency entertainment, the Grand Napoleonic Ball and the Collition Ball, plus a visit to Lanyon Homestead, a picnic, a fair, concerts and much, much more. It was a blast! If you've never visited the Festival I highly recommend it.

I really love this Festival, its only a 3 hour drive away, is packed with activities and everyone is soooo friendly!






So here are some photos of my time at the Festival.
The group photo at Lanyon Homestead
Members of the Australian Costumers Guild
Some of our 1780-1820 fashion parade group for the Variety night, I was the presenter, so have no stage photos
A dance demonstration for the Variety night
Chatting with the military
Touring St John's
Glitterati at the Napoleonic Ball
Glitterati at the Napoleonic Ball
Glitterati at the Napoleonic Ball
Gaming, Unders & Overs, I believe an estate or 2 were lost ...
Touring Lanyon Homestead

Touring Lanyon Homestead
Regency silhouette

Chatting about Lanyon

Resting in the shade of the verandah

Through the arbour, the gardens were lovely

Resting before lunch
Sunday afternoon Fair
1813 Ackerman's Repository reproductions

813 Ackerman's Repository reproduction

Our fabulous and tireless muscians
As you can see, it was a marvellous event, now counting the days till next year's Festival :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.