Sunday, May 22, 2011

An Italian Renaissance 1440s man's outfit.

Blog note: Sadly I chose a too early period so couldn't enter the inaugural challenge. 

I did, however, make most of the 1440s man's outfit, but have yet to blog about it, I will, when I get more time :) 

In the interim I have entered the 2012 challenge, and been accepted, and you can follow my progress here.

I was a late entrant to The Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge, I took the place of a withdrawn entry. Sadly, as I did not read the rules correctly (a very bad habit I have!) and I had to withdraw from the challenge.

I chose a period that was too early sadly :) 

However, all is not lost, I still intend to make this and to send it to The Realm of Venus for the Italian Showcase once it is complete.  My challenge to myself is to complete this by the end of August.

I will update as I go. (Ed note: oops, fail!)

To celebrate the 10th anniversary Bella has issued a challenge to create a complete outfit in four months from the skin out. Details are on here : The Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge. The competition started on the 21st April and its now the 22nd of May, so I am going to have to move my sewing stumps!  The competition ends on the August 21,  2011

Bio: I've been sewing since I was five, I was taught to sew by my mum who taught me the way she was taught, so consequently I have a repertoire of vintage and historical sewing techniques in my tool box. I've been costuming for the last 10 years, I am a member of the SCA, Dismal Fogs, though not very active, and I play in later time periods as well, mostly Regency, SteamPunk and 1940s. 


"Pope Celestine III (c.1106-98) Grants Autonomy to the Hospital of Siena"
Project: My partner needs an outfit to fit her male personna for the Italian Renaissance. I am working on recreating, the elegant young man in blue above. He is taken from Domenico di Bartolo's "Pope Celestine III (c.1106-98) Grants Autonomy to the Hospital of Siena".

I will be making a camica, mutande, farsetto, calze, giornea, and, hopefully, a mantello, but that might be pushing my luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and thoughts on my posts.